Released in 2007, Death to Spies is a stealth action PC game set in World War II. The player's character is a captain called Semyon Strogov in the eponymous Soviet counterintelligence agency - SMERSH.
Smersh is short for "Death to Spies" in Russian, and was the name of a set of counterintelligence agencies formed in the Soviet Army during World War II around 1943. Their mission was to secure the rear of the active Red Army by arresting traitors, deserters, spies and criminal cells. During the war these agents became the main force combating the German intelligence service.
As captain of the 4th department of Smersh, it is the player's job to execute these operations in the heart of enemy territory. Players are required to complete various tasks, including stealing important documents, eliminating enemy officers, kidnapping high-ranking officials, and sabotaging enemy plans.
Moment of Truth is a sequel to the Death to Spies game. Released in 2008, the game's main character is still Semyon Strogov, a captain in the 4th department of the Soviet counterintelligence service called SMERSH (a Russian acronym meaning "Death to Spies").
The hero possesses the skills to accomplish dangerous missions that include gathering information on the location of hostile military and civil units and assassinating enemy agents, including the Wehrmacht's high-ranking officers. His task is to capture spies and saboteurs and gather information about their actions.
View All (11)Screenshots
- Death to Spies
- Third-person stealth action immerses the player into the atmosphere of World War II military intelligence operations.
- Different types of missions based on real historical intelligence and counterintelligence operations.
- Freedom to choose the way a mission is completed.
- Extensive real-life indoor and outdoor locations.
- A variety of different spy skills at the player's disposal such as sneak, change clothes, carry dead bodies, mine objects, throw knives, sniping, picking locks, setting traps and many others.
- Authentic weapons and vehicles of World War II.
- Death to Spies - Moment of Truth
- Third-person stealth action, which reveals the activities of the most mysterious counterintelligence service of World War II.
- Different types of missions based on real historical facts and declassified data on special operations of the military counterintelligence
- Full scope of various special service officer tricks like sneaking, throwing knives, silent elimination of enemies, detraction of enemys attention, picking locks, setting mines and traps, discreet observation and surveying and many others
- Use various vehicles including cars and motorcycles
Release Date: 26 JAN 2010
Platform: Windows PC
Gameplay: Single-Player, Historical, Adventure
Minimum System Requirements
MS Windows XP; DirectX 9.0c; 2 2.4 GHz Processor; RAM: 1 GB; Video card with pixel shader-support 2.0 and 128 Mb, not less than NVIDIA GeForce 5700/ATI Radeon 9800; DirectX-compatible soundcard; DVD-ROM drive; Hard disc: 3 Gb; keyboard, mouse.
View All Videos
(click to view)