King's Bounty: The Legend is an adventure game with tactical turn-based battles and role-playing elements. In a fairy tale fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages, wise kings and beautiful princesses the player controls a hero. Leading their character through the game world, exploring it, commanding armies in battle and accomplishing various quests can mean great reward or huge defeats.
Gameplay is divided into two major sections: adventure mode and battle mode. While playing in adventure mode the gamer controls their character in real-time. With several classes available at the start of a new game, the player moves through the adventure map seeking various treasures, fighting monsters and accomplishing quests tasked to him by the local stewards. Once in battle mode the gamer assumes the role of a war chief, leading his troops in tactical turn-based combat. Battles take place on land or sea, in dungeons or castles or even in some items! The hero can assist his troops by casting spells or summoning different creatures.
View All (14)Screenshots
- Flawless graphics style following classical fantasy traditions with an attractive, elaborate and user-friendly interface.
- A rich fantasy setting featuring a storyline with lots of twists and an unexpected ending.
- A combination of a dynamic adventure and tactical turn-based battles.
- A huge game world with dozens of locations and battlefields both on the surface and in dungeons.
- Three types of characters to choose from with unique characteristics and abilities.
- A rich role-playing system including 7 parameters and more than 30 skills and perks and a highly-developed system of tasks and relations.
- More than 70 spells to use on the battle arena and while exploring.
- An alternative option for magic development are the Spirits of Rage to be summoned in combat.
- More than 60 unique creatures with special abilities and skills ready to fight in your army.
- Various traps and bonuses on battle arenas that can change the course of fight.
- Unique system of live items acting of their own will and changing their essence.
- Ability to start a family, find a wife and have children.
Release Date: 23 SEP 2008
Platform: Windows PC, On Sale
Language: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Gameplay: Puzzle, Turn-based, Real-time, Single-Player, Role-Playing, Adventure
OS: Windows XP/Vista 32-bit
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.6 GHz or Athlon 64 +2800 (Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or Athlon 64 +3200 recommended)
Memory: 1 GB RAM under XP and 2 GB RAM under Vista (2GB recommended)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 256MB or ATI Radeon X800 256MB or better (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 512MB or ATI Radeon X1900 512MB or better recommended)
Sound: DirectX version 9.0c-compatible sound card
Hard Drive: 5.5 GB
DirectX: DirectX version 9.0c (included) or higher
Input Devices: OS-supported keyboard and mouse
One time internet activation required
View All Videos
(click to view)