Doctor Entertainment Announces Development of Gear Up
Gamers can sign-up to test the pre-alpha version at play-gearup.com; trailer & screenshots are also available
August 30, 2012 - Gear Up is an online multiplayer game where you build tanks and participate in online challenges such as battles, races and other missions. The game features lots of weapons, turrets, chassis and tracks that can be put together in thousands of different tank configurations. Experimental parts such as spider legs, hoovers and wings are also available. All vehicle parts are physically simulated and visualized in 3rd person using modern 3D graphics.
"Doctor Entertainment is excited to announce the development of Gear Up, and we look forward to initate a more public part of the development process." said Jesper Rudberg, CEO of Doctor Entertainment AB.
Gear Up facts:
- Up to 32 player battles
- Thousands of tanks can be created in-game
- Arcade physics simulation
- Leaderboards, achievements and clan support
- Gear Up is built around challenges which are dynamic, updated and replaced on a regular basis. Popular challenges stays longer, unpopular are replaced by new ones.
- Many game mode such as multiplayer battles, singleplayer races or co-op missions.
- Game editor where player can create new challenges, tank parts and maps.
- Uses in-house game engine ”Traktor”.
- To be released for Windows, Mac and Linux
"Doctor Entertainment is proud to see that our in-house game engine Traktor can handle open world multiplayer action games like Gear Up." said Anders Pistol, CTO of Doctor Entertainment AB.
About Doctor Entertainment
Doctor Entertainment AB was founded by developer veterans Jesper Rudberg and Anders Pistol. Together they have over 20 years of game development experience from companies like Starbreeze Studios and EA/Dice where they worked on several multimillion selling AAA games.
Doctor Entertainment is an independent games studio located in Uppsala, Sweden. They develop and publish their own IP:s via digital distribution. The studios first game Puzzle Dimension has been released for Windows, Mac and PlayStation 3. Doctor Entertainment currently employs five persons.