Rockstar Games announced today the release of the GTA Online Beach Bum Update for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles, as well as a new Title Update (v1.06). The Beach Bum update adds new content to both GTA Online and GTA 5's story mode for free.
The Beach Bum update adds new vehicles for players to sprint around on beaches, like the BF Bifta dune buggy, the off-road truck Canis Kalahari, go on a camping trip with the Bravado Paradise, or jet around on the water with the Speeder speed boat. These vehicles can be accessed in Story Mode for no cost, but for GTA Online, they can be ordered via on the in-game auto and boat websites.
There are also new weapons for the third-person open-world game in the update, the new SNS Pistol and a broken bottle, both great for close-range action. Of course you'll want to do all this in beach style, so a bunch of new apparel that are beach-related are available, from t-shirts to board shorts to bikinis.
For GTA Online, the Beach Bum update also adds thirty new jobs, like beach-themed races, deathmatches, parachutes, Gang Attacks, and more.
For the game itself, a new Title Update (v1.06) is available which adds fixes and adjustments for GTA Online:
- Fixed an issue where the game would delete your personal Vehicle if you have another player in it when you add a Tracker and Insurance.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on the aerial view when entering GTA Online with cloud servers down and having just launched a mini-game.
- Fixed an issue where the mission 'Damaged Goods' would start even though it had previously been completed.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players couldn't claim back their personal vehicle in GTA Online.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players were able to get the Declasse Sheriff SUV into Los Santos Customs and respray it causing the menus to malfunction.
- Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances players would lose all personal vehicles after being idle kicked and unable to rejoin an online session.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally get stuck after killing a pedestrian with a golf ball.
- Corrected an exploit where players would retain their personal vehicle after selling it at Los Santos Customs mod shop by transitioning back and forth between Story Mode and Online.
- Corrected an exploit where players could keep repeatedly selling a Bati 801 to Los Santos Customs.
- Corrected an exploit where players were able to duplicate vehicles by accepting a Mission while leaving a high-end garage.
- Corrected an exploit where a player could start a Team Deathmatch with all players on the same team.
- Players are no longer able to delete their GTA Online character while the Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable.
Getting the update is easy, all players need to do is turn on their console and access the game, they'll be prompted to download the update.
Check out our review of GTA V here on Just Adventure!