If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
In response to fan and community emails and Facebook posts, Digital Media Workshop has released a new screenshot, new wallpaper, and a link to a podcast-style developer chat on YouTube where Mike Morrison and Kevin McGrath answer and discuss some of the most common questions they've received about the game, including the status of development, publishing updates, availability of the demo, and more.
WHAT IS PROMINENCE? With a highly immersive setting and first person viewpoint, Prominence is a point-and-click science-fiction adventure that offers players a chance to explore and discover the secrets behind a unique and mysterious high-tech facility.
What begins as simple exploration soon twists and turns its way into an evolving mystery that is revealed through physical clues, audio recordings, data archives, and a damaged central computer system in need of repairs.
STORY You awaken...
A glow too dim to be anything but emergency lighting illuminates the room. Computer screens and electronic equipment here remain dark, unpowered and unresponsive. A gurney, some sort of sophisticated surgical device, an overturned medicine cart, a bioscanner...nothing looks familiar. Or does it?
What is this place? How did you get here? What has happened?
GAME FEATURES Prominence is a science-fiction adventure that is being developed by a small, independent team, but we�re working hard to deliver a thought-provoking story wrapped in a powerful and highly-immersive game experience. A partial list of scheduled features includes:
- Pre-rendered 3D environments with animated effects All of the environments in Prominence are built in 3D and pre-rendered for maximum visual impact and quality. Many of the in-game environments feature animated effects that enhance the realism and immersion.
- Story-based inventory, environmental and graphical puzzles The puzzles and challenges in Prominence are story-based. Just as in real life, some of them may have more than one solution. None of the puzzles require lightning-fast reflexes or platform-gaming skills.
- Branching story with multiple endings At a particular point, you'll be given an opportunity to choose between two different paths. Each path will lead not only to a different ending, but will have different obstacles to overcome and unique environments to explore.
- Original soundtrack Digital Media Workshop, Inc. has been producing music for over ten years, and we plan to capitalize on that experience to bring the world of Prominence to life through powerful environmental soundscapes and a cinematic score.
- Professional voice-acting Prominence will feature an ensemble of character voices supplied by professional actors.
- First person viewpoint
To provide the most immersive experience, Prominence is presented in a first-person panoramic view.
-Well, listen to my story, a story I will tell, of an airborne sapper, who would go through hell, His home was FT. Leonard Wood, the land that God forgot, the mud was 18inches deep, and the sun was blazing hot.